July 22, 2010

Girl Power

Today we graduated from swim lessons. My four year old jumped off the big diving board into the deep end and swam to her instructor. Two year old sister got to play in the splash pool after her big day. It was a memorable hour. My eyes were teary but alas, it was my sunscreen and makeup melting into my blurry eyeballs. But I started the day off right this morning with wild berry shortcakes & cool whip for breakfast since it was their last big day of swim. We had In-N-Out to celebrate their triumphant finales.

Finally at the end of the day, I got the chance to play, visit and laugh with a great friend of mine; and tool around with her new screen printing machine. Talk about entertainment! The hours flew by, the kids ate popcorn, watched a movie and started another when I looked at my watch and thought, WOW! I can see why guys can hang out in a garage for hours on end. The type of focused fun we girls had today should make all my mom friends proud -- Rock on!

No comments:

Six years later…

Well well well… time has a way of changing things… but the more things change, the more they stay the same … isn’t that how the saying goes?...