August 5, 2010

Nickels and Dimes

So yesterday I was desperate to get out and spend some money. You know the feeling. Just spend something. Anything. I also wanted some Dutch Bros. (For those of you who don't live up here - it's like a drive through Starbucks with drinks that are 10 times better). But alas, my wallet was empty. What to do...what to do....Well, I dragged every jar, cup and box full of loose change upstairs and some of it was already wrapped and ready to go. I called the bank, - they still don't have a change machine like Coinstar! If you want to turn in your change for cash, you have to wrap it yourself. So I sat at the kitchen table and wrapped more quarters and dimes. It was fun teaching Ainsley again how to distinguish between the nickels and dimes. She sorted out the pennies for me.

Over $120 later we sipped our Dutch Bros and breezed through Target with the wind in our sails! Ainsley now has a new pink jacket for school, an adorable denim dress and two pairs of new shoes. The consignment store also had some distressed GAP jeans, some black pants and another blouse all in her size. She raked it in and all by rolling some loose, forgotten change into cash yesterday!

No comments:

Six years later…

Well well well… time has a way of changing things… but the more things change, the more they stay the same … isn’t that how the saying goes?...